- We graph 0.9 degrees of temperature change like the recent stock market performance held upside down.
- We also graph the world as going from ice cold blue to inferno from hell using the same less than a degree change measurement.
- Money, power, politics and social standing are all aligned to suppress any doubts or questions with a vehemence usually reserved for “round-earthers” in the dark ages.
- We use “global temperature” records from 1881 to 2018 as if the data is equivalent and has been collected for 137 years with the same precision, profligate measuring stations, and zealot-like passion of a comic-con attendee who wins best costume.
- We treat 137 years as if it is a good sample size of world temperature history
- We give tacit acknowledgment that we don’t really have great records back to 1881 so we narrow our sample size to 30 years 1951-1980 because as everyone knows the 60’s and 70’s were when normalcy reigned on the planet – just ask any Woodstock attendee. (Purely coincidental I’m sure that this arbitrarily selected measuring point coincides with the period Time Magazine and Leonard Nimoy were reporting on a new ice age) https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=leonard+nimoy+ice+age&view=detail&mid=DA0A79E87147E94358A1DA0A79E87147E94358A1&FORM=VIRE
- Climate-change modelers have all the credibility of Sean Spicer defending “Covfefe” as a secret message and a track record of accuracy that rivals John Hagee’s 4 Blood Moons predictions.
- The incessant drumming mantra of “97% scientific consensus” that the earth is warming as if that is the same as saying 1) The earth is warming because of traffic congestion in Seattle and that if all of Seattle would just buy electric cars and plug into that pollution-free electricity that is automatically built into everyone’s house it would solve the problem 2) That the warming is unnatural 3) The rate of warming is alarming and we must increases taxes immediately and dramatically so we can improve school funding thus creating more duped subjects who will mindlessly surrender freedom for the greater good 4) That we are hurtling over a precipice where both coasts are erased in a cataclysmic double tsunami dubbed “The Revenge of the Polar Bears” by post-apocalyptic survivors (though the loss of both coasts might be a win in the long run)
- We state that there is between a .77 and 1.1 degree increase in global temperature over the arbitrary baseline of the average temperature of 1951-1980 and then acknowledge in the fine print that any given year is probably accurate within .50 degrees.
- This makes Bernie Madoff look like Will Ferrell in a figure-skating competition when compared to the scale of charade governments are trying to pull off– and politicians everywhere are smiling all the way to the bank.
NOTE: I realize that neither the alarmist graphs and potentials nor the suppression of opposing arguments mean that the anthropogenic climate change proponents are wrong, but it is suspect when there appears to be an agenda to only see one possibility from the data, particularly when the subject is this complex and the complete failure of our models given current assumptions to predict future results with anything resembling accuracy. I do believe normalizing the 60’s and 70’s is solid evidence that we are on the wrong track. 🙂
Leave a Reply